It’s peanut butter and chia seed jelly time! I don’t know about you but I love being self-sufficient. Making my own foods from scratch and growing beautiful fruits and vegetables are a few ways that I like to implement this independent nature in my life.
On top of this, store bought jelly’s and jams have loads of added preservatives and additional sugar! So, one day when I was strolling through my local grocery stores aisles, in the mood for some PB&J that I planned on bringing to a picnic, I found it hard to justify purchasing a jam that I didn’t even really like. So, I instantly thought “There MUST be a better way!”
I went home, did a thorough Google search, and found exactly what I was looking for. However, being the foodie that I am, I had to make this recipe my own… and voila the all time best strawberry jam you’ll ever taste! And, It’s good for you!
• 8 oz frozen berries
• 2 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 2 tbsp of honey, agave, or stevia
1. Put berries, sweetener & water in pan over med heat. Heat until boiling.
2. Smash berries with fork until desired consistency
3. Pour into glass container
4. Stir in chia seeds
5. Let cool: Put in fridge for 2-4 hrs and let chia thicken the jam