Holiday’s are known for having great food! I mean, what’s Labor Day without the classic grilled dishes and red, white, and blue desserts! Do you want to impress your guests without all the hassle of prepping and cooking? Me too and I have the solution! Here are my EASY, HEALTHY, and QUICK Labor Day recipes. Enjoy!
- Dietary Features: gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and vegan and vegetarian friendly options.
- The perfect Labor Day dishes to bring to any event!
- Quick, healthy, and delicious!
- Meal, appetizer, and dessert recipes are included.
Why You Will Love These Recipes
Labor Day is known for having great food, from the classic grilled dishes to the desserts— This post was created to provide some ideas on what to make during this upcoming Labor Day weekend. All of this recipes were created to incorporate fresh, local, and seasonal items. Which are better for our bodies but also better for our planet! To top it all off, each recipe can be made in 30 minutes or less! Can it get much better?
Members in my Elizabeth G The RD Community were asking me how they can make quick and healthy recipes to bring to their Labor Day events.
So I created these recipes for those who might not have time to experiment in the kitchen, those who don’t know what to do with their leftover produce and want to decrease food waste, and those who just want to have fun and try something new! In this post you’ll find a Labor Day meal, appetizer, and dessert recipe that are quick, healthy, and delicious! Enjoy!
Grilled (local) White fish with peach salsa (grilled on wood cedar planks)
For a meal option to bring to your Labor Day event, I would recommend this grilled fish with peach salsa. The uniqueness of the peach salsa along with the juicy texture of the fish is just perfect. Peaches are also in-season during the month of September, and I personally love purchasing my fruits and vegetables during the in-season months. However, you could substitute peaches for pineapple, mango, or even strawberries! Yum! I also grilled my local fish on cedar wood planks, to decrease carcinogenic chemical exposure. Grilling on cedar planks also gives the fish a slightly sweet flavor. However, You can also lower the heat and produce lighter grill marks for a similar effect.
- Fish of choice: I used locally caught white fish.
- Fruit of choice: I used seasonal peaches.
- Herbs of choice: I used my leftover cilantro.
- Tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- In a bowl, stir together peaches, tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, cilantro, jalapeños (optional), and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Using paper towels, pat fish dry; transfer to plate. Rub fish with spices of choice.
Grilled Pineapple & Veggie Skewers
For an appetizer or side dish, I think these fruit & veggie skewers are incredible! Plus, fruit and veggie skewers are not only delicious but they are SO easy to make! I use pineapple and any leftover produce I had in my fridge. I then marinated it in my quick & easy marinade for about 30 minutes, but you could also marinate overnight. Then, you simply place the produce on wood sticks and grill until you see light grill marks.
This is also a fantastic recipe if you have any vegan or vegetarian friends or if you’re serving individuals with food allergies! Also, if you don’t know everyone going to the Labor Day event, it’s always a great idea to bring something to a party that most people will likely be able to enjoy. Whenever I bring food to event, I always play it safe and bring something that everyone can consume. 🙂
- Vegetables: Whichever you have to use up! I used eggplant, bell peppers, and zucchini
- Fruit: I used pineapple! But feel free to use any fruit you like.
- Place ingredients on wood skewer.
- Marinate skewers in marinate of choice.
- Place on grill until light grill marks are shown.
Angel Food Cake Dessert: Red, White, & Blue
Another quick and easy dessert recipe that’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser. I like buying the individual angel cake cups so that people can have the convenience of a handheld dessert, rather than having to figure out how to slice the cake while getting crumbs everywhere (yes, that’s my inner clean freak talking).
- Angel food cake cups
- Fruit: I used strawberries and blueberries.
- Whip cream: Optional and can be substituted for dairy-free whip cream.
- Place all ingredients in angel food cake cup and enjoy!
Want A Discount Code?
Having trouble with bloating? Try Atrantil! Use “Wholiztic” at checkout for a discount!
Hungry? Try a wide variety of MunkPack products! Use code “ElizabethRD” at checkout for 20% off your purchase.
Looking to better your financial wellbeing?
Get a FREE stock valued anywhere from $3 and $225 at Robinhood!
Get 2 FREE stocks valued up to $1850 at WeBull!
Enhance your education!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for additional resources.